noun (rfc-level, Noun at L4+ not in L3 POS section)
- A clash or disagreement, often violent, between two oppose, opposing groups or individuals.
- The between the government and the rebels began three years ago.
- An incompatibility of two things that cannot be simultaneously fulfilled.
- She wanted to attend the meeting but there was a in her schedule that day.
- (context, intransitive, with "with") To be at odds (with); to disagree or be incompatible
- (context, intransitive, with "with") To overlap (with), as in a schedule.
Etymology: From conflictus, past participle of confligere "to strike together," from com- "together" + fligere "to strike"
- Your conference call conflicts with my conference call. You"ll have to reschedule.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conflict for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of conflict