verb (cones, coning, coned)
- (geometry) A surface of revolution formed by rotate, rotating a line around another line that intersects the first line.
- (geometry) A solid of revolution formed by rotating a triangle around a line through and in the plane of the triangle.
- Anything shaped like a cone.<ref name="Illustr. Oxford 1998">The Illustrated Oxford Dictionary, Oxford University Press, 1998</ref>
- The fruit of a conifer.<ref name="Illustr. Oxford 1998"/>
- An ice cream cone.<ref name="Illustr. Oxford 1998"/>
- A unit of volume, applied solely to marijuana and only while it is in a smokable state; roughly 1.5 cubic centimetres, depending on use.
- Any of the small cone-shaped structures in the retina.<ref name="Illustr. Oxford 1998"/>
Etymology: From conus "cone, wedge, peak," from Ancient Greek (konos) "cone, spinning top, pine cone"
- (context, pottery) To fashion into the shape of a
- Noun, cone.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cone for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cone