- A formal agreement between two nations; a compact
- (often capitalized) An agreement between the Pope and a government that recognizes and regulates Catholic affairs
- 1820, Theodore Lyman, The Political State of Italy
- :That eminent and independant statesman, Count Louis of Medicis, concluded a with cardinal Gonsalvi, at Terracina, on the 16th February, 1816, probably the most humiliating instrument to which the Roman court has been forced to submit since the fall of the Bonapartes.
- 1846, William Scott, The Christian Remembrancer
- :The Concordat of the See of Rome with King Diniz is the most interesting ecclesiastical epoch ".
- 2000, Bruno Kreisky, Matthew Paul Berg, The Struggle for a Democratic Austria: Bruno Kreisky on Peace and Social Justice, page 486
- : Later, he also promoted a significant degree of reconciliation between the Austrian social democratic movement and the Roman Catholic Church through the negotiation of the 1960 Concordat.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for concordat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of concordat