Etymology: From w:Christopher Columbus, Christopher Columbus, discoverer of the Americas.
- (poetic) America; the United States; an appellation given in honor of Columbus, the discoverer.
- (archaic) The female personification of the USA.
- Shortened form of w:Columbia University, Columbia University.
- The space shuttle Columbia.
- The capital and largest city of South Carolina.
- A city in Missouri
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Columbia for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Columbia