- A security or guarantee (usually an asset) pledged for the repayment of a loan if one cannot procure enough funds to repay.
- Marketing collateral: printed materials to present business information, e.g. leaflets, folders, brochures, fliers, fact sheets, direct mail pieces.
- (family) Of a family relationship that includes aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews, as opposed to lineal.
- Parallel, along the same vein
- 1885:The pure blood all descends from five collateral lines called Al-Khamsah (the Cinque). The book of the thousand nights and a night, Vol. 5 w:Richard Francis Burton, Richard Burton
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for collateral for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of collateral