- The sound of metal on metal, or glass on glass.
- You could hear the of the glasses from the next room.
- (slang) Jail or prison, after the Clink prison in Southwark, London.
- If he keeps doing things like that, he"s sure to end up in the .
- Stress cracks produced in metal ingots as they cool after being cast.
- To make a clinking sound; to make a sound of metal on metal or glass on glass; to strike materials such as metal or glass against one another.
- The hammers clinked on the stone all night.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for clink for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of clink