- (given name, male, , ) (uncountable) A diminutive of the male given name Charles.
- (countable) a Chuck Taylor shoe (usually referred to in plural form, Chucks).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Chuck for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Chuck
- Meat from the shoulder of a cow or other animal.
- The round part of a drill that holds the bit; in general a mechanical device to hold something rigidly in place.
- (slang) An act of vomiting.
- A gentle touch.
- She gave him an affectionate under the chin.
- (slang) Friend or close acquaintance.
- Are you alright ?
- (context, transitive, Australia, UK, US, informal) To throw, esp. in a careless or inaccurate manner.
- Chuck that magazine to me, would you?
- (context, transitive, informal) To discard, to throw away.
- This food's gone off - you'd better chuck it.
- (context, transitive, slang) To consume wood in a rapid manner.
- That woodchuck chucked that wood like a rabid woodchuck!
- (context, intransitive, slang) To vomit.
- (context, intransitive, cricket) To throw the ball rather than bowl it.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chuck for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chuck