- The Christian holiday which celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.
Etymology: From late (term, Cristes mísse, , Christ's mass, Christ's festival).
- This we'll open presents then go to grandma's for dinner.
- The day it is celebrated, 25th December, an English quarter day.
- The season (traditionally from the 24th of December to the 6th of January) around the celebration of Christ's birth.
- The shoppers spent less this December, than last year, but our store will probably see just as many returned items during the twelve days of Christmas.
- (US, retailing) The period from the Friday following Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve, busy with shopping and preparations for Christmas.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Christmas for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Christmas