- (context, Christianity) A believer in Christianity.
- (context, Christianity) An individual who seeks to live his or her life according to the principles and values taught by Jesus Christ.
- (given name, male) found in England since the twelfth century.
- (given name, female) of medieval usage, rare today.
- (context, not comparable) Of, like or relating to Christianity or Christians.
- Kind, charitable.
Etymology: From w:Latin, Latin ChrÄstus, from w:Ancient Greek, Ancient Greek , noun use of , khristos meaning anointed. The word Christian is first used in Antioch, according to Acts xi.25-26.
- That's very of you.
- To non-Christians, this may be an offensive usage (similarly, see the offensive usage of Jew)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Christian for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Christian