- The inedible parts of a plant whose seeds are eaten as grain.
Etymology: (webster)(subst:AC.) ceaf; akin to w:Dutch language, Dutch kaf, w:German language, German kaff.
- To separate out the , early cultures tossed baskets of grain into the air and let the wind blow away the lighter chaff.
- By extension, any excess or unwanted material, resource, or person; anything worthless.
- There are plenty of good websites on the subject, but take care to separate the wheat from the .
- Loose material dropped from aircraft specifically to interfere with radar detection.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chaff for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chaff