- A frolicsome leap or spring; a skip; a jump, as in mirth or dancing; a prank.
- A vessel formerly used by the Dutch, privateer.
- The pungent grayish green flower bud of the European and Oriental caper (Capparis spinosa), which is pickled and eaten.
- A plant of the genus Capparis; -- called also caper bush, caper tree.
- A crime (esp. theft) or a story about such a crime.
- To leap or jump about in a sprightly manner; to cut capers; to skip; to spring; to prance; to dance.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for caper for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of caper