- The jargon of a particular class or subgroup.
- He had the look of a prince, but the of a fishmonger.
- A private or secret language used by a religious sect, gang, or other group.
- empty, Empty, hypocritical talk.
- People claim to care about the poor of Africa, but it is largely .
- A musical singing sound.
- (heraldry) A blazon of a coat of arms that makes a pun upon the name of the bearer.
- (intransitive) To speak with the jargon of a class or subgroup.
- (intransitive) To speak in set phrases.
- (intransitive) To preach in a singsong fashion, especially in a false or empty manner.
- (context, intransitive, heraldry) Of a blazon, to make a pun that references the bearer of a coat of arms.
- (English dialect) lively, lusty.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cant