- A male deer or goat.
- A male rabbit or hare.
- A male of other species, such as the ferret.
- An uncastrated sheep, a ram.
- (context, US, Canadian English, colloquial) A dollar (one hundred cents).
- (context, Canadian English, colloquial) By extension, one hundred of anything.
- The police caught me driving a -forty on the freeway.
- (context , North America, derogatory) A black or Native American man.
- A young buck; an adventurous or high-spirited young man.
- (context, UK, obsolete) Hence, a fop or dandy.
- (rfv-sense) (poker) A plastic disc used to represent the player in dealer position.
- blame, Blame; responsibility; scapegoating; finger-pointing.
- w:Harry S. Truman, Harry S. Truman,
- : The stops here.
- Of a horse: to rise sharply up on its hind legs.
- Of a horse: to leap upward arching its back.
- 1848: At the same time we got speared, the horses got speared too, and jumped and bucked all about — Statement by Jackey Jackey (an Aborigine) published in William Carron Narrative of an Expedition Undertaken Under the Direction of the Late Mr. Assistant Surveyor E. B. Kennedy (http://gutenberg.net.au/plusfifty.html
- carron at Project Gutenberg Australia)
- By extension, to move in any sharp or jerking manner.
- By extension, to resist obstinately.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for buck for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of buck