verb to broadside
- (nautical) One side of a ship above the water line; all the guns on one side of a warship; their simultaneous firing.
- (context, by extension) A forceful attack, be it written or spoken.
- A large sheet of paper, printed on one side and folded.
- The printed lyrics of a folk song or ballad; a broadsheet.
- (transitive) To collide with something sideways on
- sideways, Sideways; with the side turned to the direction of some object.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for broadside for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of broadside