- A Hindu priestly caste; one of the four varnas or social groups based on occupation in ancient Hindu society.
- One who has realized or attempts to realize Brahman, i.e. God or supreme knowledge.
- Scholar, teacher, priest, intellectual, researcher, scientist, knowledge-seeker, or knowledge worker.
- Social and cultural elite, especially in the New England region of the USA.
- A learned person of refined taste and mild manners.
- Of or relating to the caste of brahmins.
- scholarly, Scholarly.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brahmin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of brahmin