- (context, usually, jocular, or, archaic) The female of the dog or other canine. In particular one who has recently had puppy, puppies.
- My just had puppies: they're so sweet!
- (context, vulgar, derogatory) A malicious, spiteful, unbearable, intrusive or mean woman or girl.
- Ann gossiped about me and mocked my work; sometimes she can be a real !
- 1913 'Look at the children, you nasty little bitch!' he sneered. — D. H. Lawrence, Sons and Lovers, I. iv. 60
- (context, vulgar, derogatory) By extension, a man with any of these qualities, especially a gay man (suggesting his behavior is womanly).
- You called me a , didn"t you? — w:Glenn Close, Glenn Close in the movie w:The Jagged Edge, The Jagged Edge.
- (context, jocular, slang) (used with a possessive pronoun; used especially between women, between gay men and between women and gay men) One's friend.
- What"s up, my ?
- How my bitches been doin'?
- An angry retort directed to a close buddy.
- Will you stop this, my ??
- A person in an unfavorable, undesirable position.
- When we pile into the car, I tend to be a , stuck in the middle of the back seats.
- A person in a relationship who is made to adopt a submissive role.
- Do you have to ask your girl before you do everything? You must be the in the relationship.
verb (bitch, es)
- 1999 September 23, Chris Sheridan, "This House Is Freakin" Sweet", "Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater", Family Guy, season 2, episode 1, Fox Broadcasting Company
- : Now that you're stinking rich, we'd gladly be your .
- (slang) A complaint.
- (slang) (usually only used in the singular; also bitch of a question, bitch of a problem, etc) A difficult or confounding problem.
- Question 5 was a real , don"t you think?
- (slang) A queen (the playing card)
- (transitive) (with about) To make derogatory comments about (a person) without the person's knowledge.
Etymology: biche, bicche, bicce
- Look, I saw you bitching about me yesterday, I know how you feel: why can't you say it to my face?
- (transitive) (with about) To criticize (something) spitefully, often for the sake of complaining rather than in order to have the problem corrected.
- All you ever do is bitch about the food I cook for you!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bitch for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bitch