Etymology: From bind + -er.
- Someone who binds, particularly someone who binds books; a bookbinder.
- A cover or holder for unbound papers, pages etc.
- Something that is used to bind things together, often referring to the mechanism that accomplishes this for a book.
- (context, agriculture) A machine used in harvesting that ties cut stalks of grain into a bundle.
- (chemistry) A chemical that causes two other substances to form into one.
- A down payment on a piece of real property that secures the payor the right to purchase the property from the payee upon an agreement of terms.
- (Chiefly Minnesota) A rubber band.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for binder for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of binder