- (military) A building for soldiers, especially when in garrison. Commonly in the plural, originally meaning temporary huts, but now usually applied to a permanent structure or set of buildings.
- He lodged in a miserable hut or , composed of dry branches and thatched with straw. - Gibbon.
- (local, United States, U.S.) A movable roof sliding on four posts, to cover hay, straw, etc.
- (Ireland,Colloquial, usually plural) the police station.
- To house military personnel; to quarter
- (context, Australian English, New Zealand English) to cheer on a team etc
- (British) to jeer
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for barrack for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of barrack