verb (badgers, badgering, badgered)
- A common name for any animal of three subfamilies, which belong to the family Mustelidae: Melinae (Eurasian badgers), Mellivorinae (Ratel or honey badger), and Taxideinae (American badger).
- A native or resident of the State of Wisconsin (US).
- (context, plural, vulgar, cant) A crew of desperate villains who robbed near rivers, into which they threw the bodies of those they murdered.
- A person who makes badges.
- (context, UK, colloquial) Passing gas.
- To pester, to annoy persistently.
- He kept badgering her about her bad habits.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for badger for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of badger