- A devotee of Bacchus; one who indulges in drunken revels; one who is noisy and riotous when intoxicated; a carouser.
- : Tipsy bacchanals.
- (context, in plural) The festival of Bacchus; the bacchanalia.
- Drunken revelry; an orgy.
- A song or a dance in honor of Bacchus.
Etymology: Bacchanalis. See Bacchanalia.
- Relating to Bacchus or his festival.
- Engaged in drunken revels; drunken and riotous or noisy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bacchanal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bacchanal