noun (pl=Aztecs or )
- A Mexica.
- 1994: w:Diego Durí¡n, Diego Durí¡n, Doris Heyden (translator), The History of the Indies of New Spain
- :The lords of Tlatelolco were greatly angered over this and said, one to another, "These Aztecs believe that we are of an alien lineage. Do they not know that we are Aztecs like them?
- :(= los seí±ores de Tlatelulco, recibieron mucho enojo y pesadumbre, y dixeron entre sí mesmos: estos mexicanos imaginan que nosotros somos de diferente generacion quellos; no saben que somo mexicanos) 1867 edition
- A Nahua.
- 1989: Elizabeth Hill Boone, Incarnations of the Aztec Supernatural: The Image of Huitzilopochtli in Mexico and Europe
- :Although united culturally, the Aztecs thought of themselves in terms of their particular tribal affiliations: as Mexica, Tetzcoca, Culhua, Tepaneca, etc.
- The Nahuatl language.
Etymology: From Spanish azteca, from Nahuatl aztecah, aztÄcah, plural of aztecatl, aztÄcatl "inhabitant of Aztlan".
- Of or pertaining to the Mexica people.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuas.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuatl language.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Aztec for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Aztec