noun (plural: avocados, or, rarely, the hypercorrect avocadi)
- The large, usually yellowish-green or black, pulpy fruit of the avocado tree.
- The avocado tree.
- (colour) A dull yellowish-green colour, the colour of the meat of an avocado.
- <table><tr><td>avocado colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 6D6937" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
Etymology: From Nahuatl ahuacatl.
- (colour) Of a dull yellowish-green colour.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for avocado for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of avocado