verb (articulat, ing)
- To make clear or effective.
- To speak clearly; to enunciate.
- I wish he"d his words more clearly.
- To explain; to put into words; to make something specific.
- I like this painting, but I can"t why.
- To bend or hinge something at intervals, or to allow or build something so that it can bend.
- an articulated bus
- (music) to attack a note, as by tonguing, slurring, bowing, etc.
- Articulate that passage heavily.
- (anatomy) to form a joint or connect by joints
- The lower jaw articulates with the skull at the temporomandibular joint.
- clear, effective
- especially, speaking in a clear or effective manner
- She"s a bright, young woman.
- able to bend or hinge at certain points or intervals
- The robot arm was in two directions.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for articulate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of articulate