verb (arses, arsing, arsed, arsed)
- (context, slang, coarse) The buttocks.
- (context, slang, pejorative) An insulting term for a person.
- (context, slang, expletive) Self-derisory term.
- (context, slang, intransitive) To be silly, act stupid or mess around.
Etymology: (term, írs, lang=ang), (term, ears, lang=ang), from (proto, Germanic, arsaz). Cognate with German (term, Arsch, lang=de) and with Old French (term, arce, lang=fro) or (term, arse, lang=fro).
- Stop arsing around!
- (slang) To have the effort to do something.
- I can't be arsed to write that essay for tomorrow.
- I couldn't be arsed to write that essay for tomorrow.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for arse for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of arse