- The rotating part of an electric motor or dynamo, which mostly consists of coils of wire around a metal core.
- The moving part in an electromechanical device like a loudspeaker or a buzzer.
- A piece of soft steel or iron that connects the poles of a magnet
- A supporting framework in a sculpture.
- A protective organ, structure, or covering of an animal or plant, for defense or offense, like claws, teeth, thorns, or the shell of a turtle.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for armature for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of armature