- glorification, sometimes to a divine level; deification; crediting a person with god-like power.
- A glorify, glorified example, the apex of perfection.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (polytonic, á), from verb (polytonic, á) "deify" (factitive verb formed from "God" with intensive prefix (polytonic, á)-)
- The restaurant sought to be the of the regional cuisine.
- (mythology) Becoming a deity.
- In mythology many heroes underwent to become gods.
- (greekmyth) Specifically the event where Hercules became a deity and ascended to Mt. Olympos.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apotheosis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of apotheosis