- (astronomy) An asteroid possessing an orbit that crosses the orbit of the Earth and an orbital period of over one year, with semimajor axis, semimajor axes greater than 1 AU, and perihelion distances less than 1.017 AU.
- (Greek, Roman mythology): The son of Zeus and Leto (or Jupiter and Latona), and the twin brother of Artemis (or Diana).<ref>Oxford Dictionary of World Mythology, Arthur Cotterell, Oxford University Press, 1986</ref> He was the god of light, music, medicine, and poetry;<ref name="Webster's c 2001">Webster's College Dictionary, Random House, 2001</ref> and prophecy, dance, manly beauty, and more.
- A very handsome young man.<ref name="Webster's c 2001"/>
- Space, U.S. A three-man spacecraft designed to travel to and land on the moon.
- A town in Pennsylvania, USA.
- A butterfly (Parnassius apollo, a large swallowtail with black and red spots on white wings).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Apollo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Apollo
noun (wikipedia, Apollo (butterfly), Apollo)
Etymology: (See Apollo.)
- A very handsome young man.
- A butterfly, also known as mountain apollo (Parnassius apollo).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for apollo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of apollo