verb (antics, anticking, anticked, anticked)
- (context, architecture, art, obsolete) A grotesque representation of a figure; a gargoyle.
- A caricature.
- (context, often in plural) A ludicrous gesture or act; ridiculous behaviour.
- A grotesque performer or clown.
- To perform antics.
- To make grotesque.
Etymology: Probably from antico (though used to translate Italian grottesco).
- (context, architecture, art) grotesque, Grotesque, incongruous.
- Grotesque, bizarre; absurd.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for antic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of antic