- (intransitive) The process of becoming older or more mature.
- (transitive) Allowing something to become older.
- The owner asked the clerk to age some big bills that were due.
- (transitive) The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- (context, gerontology) Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time
- (present participle of, age)
- Becoming elderly.
- The artist could no longer steadily hold the brush.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for aging for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of aging