- (UK, informal) An advertisement, an ad.
- To turn attention.
- To call attention, refer; construed with to.
- He adverted to the problem in the opening paragraph.
Etymology: adverten, from advertir "to notice", from advertere "to turn toward". See adverse.
- 2007 September 9, the w:Holy See, Vatican (trans.), w:Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Benedict XVI (speaker), speaking in German at w:St. Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna, St. Stephen's Cathedral, Austria,
- :At a time when creation seems to be endangered in so many ways through human activity, we should consciously to this dimension of Sunday, too.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for advert for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of advert