- The quality of being acute or pointed; as, the acuteness of an angle.
- The faculty of nice discernment or perception; sensitiveness; " applied to the senses, or the understanding. By acuteness of feeling, we perceive small objects or slight impressions: by acuteness of intellect, we discern nice distinctions.
- shrillness, Shrillness; high pitch; " said of sounds.
- Violence of a disease, which brings it speedily to a crisis.
- Shrewdness, quickness of mind
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for acuteness for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of acuteness