- abhor, Abhorring; detesting; having or showing abhorrence; loathing; hence, strongly opposed to; as, abhorrent thoughts.
Etymology: Latin abhorens, abhorentis, present participle of abhorrere.
- The persons most from blood and treason - Burke
- The arts of pleasure in despotic courts I spurn - Clover
- Contrary or repugnant; discordant; inconsistent; -- followed by to.
- Injudicious profanation, so to our stricter principles. -- Gibbon
- detestable, Detestable
- Pride, as it is - I. Taylor
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for abhorrent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of abhorrent