- a style of writing using uncial letters
- a capital letter in this style
- of, or relating to an ounce, or an inch, especially to letters printed an inch high
- of, or relating to majuscule letters
- lying underneath
- We dug down to the rock.
- basic or fundamental
- Points and straight lines are elements of geometry.
- Many nursery rhymes have an meaning.
- Of or pertaining to the universe.
- Common to all members of a group or class.
- Useful for many purposes, e.g., universal wrench.
- Having only one possible meaning.
- There was really little room for debate, with a statement as univocal as that.
- (rfv-sense) Containing only one vowel.
- "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama." contains only the letter 'a', making it univocal.
noun (Ursprach, en)
- A proto-language.
- 1993, I had lost him. He might have been speaking , for all that I understood. " Will Self, My Idea of Fun
- an act of uttering
- something spoken
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 237a.
- : To know how one should express oneself in saying or judging that there really are falsehoods without getting caught up in conradiction by such an : that's extremely difficult, Theaetetus.
- The ability to speak.
- manner of speaking