- (optics) Free from color; transmitting light without color-related distortion.
- Containing components such as achromatic lenses and prisms, designed to prevent color-related distortion.
- (biology) Uncolored; not absorbing color from a fluid; -- said of tissue
- (music) Having only the diatonic notes of the scale; not modified by accidentals.
- Being achromatic in subject: "The lecture was achromatic, the speaker used politics to suppress the weight of his/her subject."
- A gelatinous material obtained from the marine algae, used as a bacterial culture medium, in electrophoresis and as a food additive.
- (chemistry) An agarose, the principle constituent of the commercial gel.