AHD|stÄp, IPA|/stiËp/, SAMPA|/sti:p/
- Of a near-vertical gradient; of a slope, surface, curve, etc. that proceeds upward at an angle near vertical.
- informal Expensive
#:That's a bit steep.
Czech: prudkÃ½ m
French: escarpÃ©, abrupt
Portuguese: escarpa, precipÃcio, abrupto
Russian: ÐºÑÑÑÐ¾Ð¹ (krutÃ³j)
- To soak an item (or to be soaked) in liquid in order to gradually add or remove ingredients from the item
#: Skins are steeped in a tanning solution to create leather
- To be imbued with an abstract quality
#: A town steeped in history
- US To make tea (or other beverage) by placing leaves in hot water.
trans-top|To soak an item in liquid
French: imprÃ©gner, imbiber
trans-top|To be imbued with an abstract quality
trans-top|To make tea/coffee
- A liquid used in a steeping process