(Received Pronunciation|UK) IPA|/ËpÉ¹ÉpÉËgeÉªt/, SAMPA|/"[email protected]%geIt/
(General American|US) IPA|/ËpÉ¹ÉpÉËgeÉªt/, SAMPA|/"[email protected]%geIt/
- To cause to continue or multiply by generation, or successive production; -- applied to animals and plants; as, to propagate a breed of horses or sheep; to propagate a species of fruit tree.
- To cause to spread to extend; to impel or continue forward in space; as, to propagate sound or light.
- To spread from person to person; to extend the knowledge of; to originate and spread; to carry from place to place; to disseminate; as, to propagate a story or report; to propagate the Christian religion.
- obsolete To multiply; to increase.
- To generate; to produce.
- To have young or issue; to be produced or multiplied by generation, or by new shoots or plants; as, rabbits propagate rapidly.
trans-top|cause to continue or multiply by generation
trans-top|cause to spread to extend
Japanese: JAchar|ä¼æãã (JAchar|ã§ãã±ãã, denpasuru)
trans-top|spread from person to person
trans-top|to multiply; to increase
trans-top|to generate; to produce
trans-top|to have young or issue
Swedish: fortplanta sig