Duff is a close rendering of the Irish word, Dubh, which means black-haired.
#A stiff flour pudding, often with dried fruit, boiled in a cloth bag, or steamed
#: 1901: The storekeeper had sent them an unbroken case of canned plum pudding, and probably by this time he was wondering what had become of that blanky case of duff. — w:Henry Lawson|Henry Lawson, short story The Ghosts of Many Christmases, published in Children of the Bush 1
- baseball slang an 1800s baseball term meaning an error
- context|Scotland|US decaying vegetable matter on the forest floor
- slang the bits left in the bottom of the bag after the booty has been consumed, like crumbs
- US slang the buttocks; normally used in the phrases to sit on (one's) duff or get off (one's) duff
trans-top|A stiff flour pudding
trans-top|an 1800s baseball term meaning an error
trans-top|decaying vegetable matter on the forest floor
trans-top|the bits left in the bottom of the bag after the booty has been consumed
- USgolf to hit the ground behind the ball. It is a back-formation from "duffer".category:Back-formationscategory:Requests for cleanup
- Australia to alter the branding of stolen cattle; to steal cattle.
#UK not working properly
#* Why do I always get a shopping trolley with duff wheels?
trans-top|not working properly
- (insult) Dumb/Designated Ugly Fat Friend, an attractive woman's less attractive friend
- (science fiction fandom) Down Under Fan Fund, a fan fund to bring Australasian members of fandom to North America and vice versa, in alternating years.
- Double-Ugly Flying Fucker, a nickname given to the F-4 Phantom II fighter jet
- Davidson Ultimate Frisbee Folk, the name of the Davidson College ultimate team
up the duff