- Having a particular :w:color|color or kind of color.
#* The room was colored red, with a dark-colored rug.
- Having prominent colors; colorful.
#* The singer wore a colored shirt.
- Influenced pervasively but subtly.
#* My opinions are colored by my upbringing.
- (U.S., older usage, now demeaning) Of skin color other than the white, particularly black.
#* Being of an older generation, they considered themselves "colored ladies"''
- (South Africa, potentially offensive) Of neither black nor white skin color.
Danish: farvet; kulÃ¸rt
Finnish: vÃ¤rikÃ¤s (colorful), vÃ¤rillinen (skin color)
German: farbig (2)
Persian: Ø±Ù�Ú¯Û�Ù� (rangin)
- (demeaning or potentially offensive) A colored person.
- past of|color
:w:color|Wikipedia article on color