Pangasinan (from Pangasinan: "land of salt" or "place of salt-making"); it is derived from root word asin (from Pangasinan: "salt").
pangasinan (from Pangasinan: "container of salt or salted-products"); it is derived from root word asin (from Pangasinan: "salt").
- a province of the Philippines located on the west central area of the island of Luzon along Lingayen Gulf and South China Sea. Capital: Lingayen. Population: 2.4 million (Census 2000).
- a language of the Malayo-Polynesian branch of the Austronesian family of languages; it is one of the major languages of the Philippines and the primary language in the province or region of Pangasinan.
- the people of Pangasinan or people of Pangasinan heritage.
- the indigenous speakers of the Pangasinan language.
- Of or pertaining to the Pangasinan people, language, or province