verb (bastardizes, bastardizing, bastardized)
- To make a bastard of someone or something; to corrupt or spoil.
- To reduce from a higher to a lower state; to debase.
- One who bathes or swims.
- A person, company, or thing who bottles, especially in bulk.
- Trucks that specialize in transporting bottled goods in crates.
- (context, British, slang) A person or group, especially a sports team, that doesn't meet expectations, particularly prone to failure when success is expected.
- Any of various evergreen shrubs or trees of the genus w:Buxus, Buxus.
verb (box, es)
- 1885: the application of woods other than for purposes for which that wood is now used would tend to lessen the demand for — Scientific American Supplement, No. 497, July 11, 1885
- To place inside a box.
- To place a primitive value into an object (such as an int into an Integer) -- see also autoboxing.
- To hem in.