- (colloquial) An unidentified flying object of disc-like shape and generally metallic appearance.
- Some connect the recent spate of flying saucer reports with a rumored top-secret military aviation project.
- (colloquial) Any unidentified flying object.
- The impression of the foot; a trace or footmark; as, "Footprints of the Creator."
- Space required by a piece of equipment. Eg: This computer has a smaller footprint.
- (computer) Amount of hard drive space required for a program.
- (computer) The audit trail left by a crashed program
- Profession or lifestyle, as in...
- He is following in his father's footprints.
- The surface space occupied by a structure
- the footprint of a building.
- A company's geographic market presence. Eg. The store, which is slated to open next month, increases the company's footprint in the market to 14 locations.