- a yelp or bark
- loud or coarse talk
- (intransitive) to yelp, or utter a sharp cry, as in intense pain, or another racous noise
- The burly bosun always made sure that every bare-bum boy kissing the gunner's daughter had ample reason to in agony at every 'claw' of the cat-o'-nine-tails
- (intransitive) to talk loudly and coarsely
- Sound my barbaric yawps over the roofs of the world - Walt Whitman
- clamor, utter loud complaints
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for yawp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.