- A Xerox brand photocopier.
- Our new photocopying machine is a .
- Dutch: fotokopieerapparaat
- Spanish: fotocopiador, xeroxeador
Etymology: xerography < Greek xero meaning "dry" and graphy meaning "writing"
- w:Xerox Corporation, Xerox Corporation, a global document management company.
- w:PARC (company), Xerox PARC, the former name of the Palo Alto Research Company, a research and development company founded in 1970 in Palo Alto, best known for the invention of the laser printer, Ethernet and the graphical user interface.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Xerox for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- (slang) A photocopy.
verb (xerox, es)
- Hand me that , would you?
- (slang) To make a paper copy or copies by means of a photocopier.
- I xeroxed the report for all the people at the meeting.
Etymology: From Xerox, a photocopier, via xerography from Greek xero meaning "dry" and graphy meaning "writing"
- Dutch: fotokopií«ren
- Italian: fotocopiare, xerocopiare
- Spanish: fotocopiar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for xerox for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.