- (context, colloquial, pejorative) A crazy, possibly dangerous, person.
- 1992: Elmore Leonard, Rum Punch
- :"He called the guy who owns the gun shop a '<nowiki>'</nowiki> and said he's going to take him down if it's the last thing he does."
- 2003: Michael Graham, Redneck Nation: How the South Really Won the War
- :One of America's most prominent Confederistas is Michael Hill, head at the looney League of the South—an obscure organization that has already declared southern cultural independence.
- 2004: Mark. St. Amant, Committed: Confessions of a Fantasy Football Junkie
- :Ronald Reagan took his oath as the fortieth president in American history and, three months later, took a bullet from some wackjob trying to impress the future star of The Silence of the Lambs.
- whacky, whack(y) + jobbie, job(bie)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for whackjob for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.