Translations: verb (welcom, ing)
- The act of greeting someone"s arrival, especially by saying "Welcome!"; reception.
- The utterance of such a greeting.
- affirm or greet the arrival of someone, especially by saying "Welcome!".
- to accept something willingly or gladly
- We suggestions for improvement.
- Dutch: verwelkomen
- French: accueillir, souhaiter la bienvenue
- German: willkommen heiíčen, begrí¼íčen
- Italian: accogliere, dare il benvenuto
- Spanish: dar
- Spanish, dar la bienvenida (a
- Whose arrival is a cause of joy.
Etymology: Old English wilcuma
- Dutch: welkom, welkome, graag gezien
- French: bienvenue
- German: willkommen
- Italian: benvenuto
- Spanish: bienvenido, agradable
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for welcome for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.