- (euphemism) An accidental instance of indecent exposure caused by a fault in someone's clothing (especially that of a performer) or by an error made while changing this costume.
Etymology: An Americanism, used by singer w:Justin_Timberlake, Justin Timberlake in w:2004, 2004 to explain w:Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show controversy, the incident during Super Bowl XXXVIII in which w:Janet_Jackson, Janet Jackson's right breast was bared. The first reported instance occurred on w:The Price Is Right, The Price Is Right in w:1977, 1977, involving contestant Yolanda Bowsley, but the event was not called by this term at the time.
- Dutch: garderobe defect
- French: incident de garde-robe , défaut de fonctionnement de garde-robe
- German: (literal) Garderobenstí¶rung
- Italian: disfunzione del guardaroba , incidente del guardaroba
- Spanish: malfuncionamiento del guardarropa
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wardrobe malfunction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.