- (astronomy) the waning moon; refers to that portion of the lunar revolution between full and new.
verb (wan, ing)
- Decline; failure; diminution; decrease; declension.
- An inequality in a board.
- (scot slang) a child :also wain,waine
- To be diminished; to decrease; -- contrasted with wax, and especially applied to the illuminated part of the moon.
- To decline; to fail; to sink.
- To cause to decrease.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for wane for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.