noun (pl=vacuums or vacua; see Usage notes for plurals)
- A region of space that contains no matter.
- A vacuum cleaner.
- Dutch: stofzuiger(nl)m
- French: aspirateur(fr)m
- German: Staubsauger(de)m
- Italian: aspirapolvere(it)m
- Spanish: aspiradora
- (transitive) To clean (something) with a vacuum cleaner.
- (intransitive) To use a vacuum cleaner.
- Dutch: stofzuigen
- German: staubsaugen
Etymology: From (an empty space, void) noun use of neuter of vacuus (empty) related to vacare (be empty).
- Icelandic: ryksuga
- Spanish: aspirar(es)
- French: passer l'aspirateur
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vacuum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.