- leisure time, at least a whole day but usually longer (typical are one to three weeks), away from work or duty and devoted to rest or pleasure.
- the act of making legally void.
- the act of vacating something; moving out of something.
- The Conservative Party"s of the centre ground gave an opportunity to its opponents.
- a holiday period for a law court or university.
- German: Ferien
- (intransitive) To spend or take a vacation.
- This year, we"re vacationing in Mexico.
- Dutch: op vakantie gaan
- French: aller en vacances
- German: Urlaub machen, Ferien machen
- Italian: andare in vacanza
- Spanish: vacacionar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for vacation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.