verb (inf=to turn down, turns down, turning down, turned down)
- (idiom) to refuse or deny
- He turned down all our offers of help.
- (idiom) to reduce the amount of something by means of a control. Such as volume, heat, light, flow of water, air, etc. And so on.
- Turn down the television so I can hear myself think.
- When it starts to boil, the heat to a simmer.
- (idiom) to reposition by turning, flipping, etc. in a downward direction
- Turn down the blankets to let them air out.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for turn down for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.